So the #RealTimeChemBannerChallenge came and went. I had 3 entries from #RealTimeChemists @narf42, @theyakman and @azaprins. All very good ones, so I couldn’t really decide who should win. Then, it hit me that it might be better to run the whole challenge a different way, so…
The #RealTimeChemBannerChallenge is now an all year event! Think of it as #RealTimeChem’s version of cover artwork, just like your favourite chemistry journals (except without any fees, ever.).
Entries that are chosen to feature will be used as the banner (+ avatar if provided) for the #RealTimeChem feed for a whole month before being replaced with the next chosen artwork.
I will add this up to the all new 2015 FAQ that I am building at some point, but I thought I’d get it out there now.
THE NEW “RULES” OF THE #REALTIMECHEM BANNERCHALLENGE
1. Your image has got to be chemistry related. Pretty obvious I know. It can be from your latest research, something exciting, something funny, one of your most beautiful realtimechem images etc. The sky is the limit really.
2. Along with your banner you can also produce an Avatar Image – all I ask with this one is that it contains Real Time Chem in it, or no one is going to recognize it!
3. The final dimensions for the image should be 1500px (width) X 421px (height) – I’d suggest a resolution of at the very least 300 DPI or greater. In case you need any further guide on the layout you should look at this handy template I found (here).
4. In order to enter the competition please upload your entry to Twitter using the hashtag #RealTimeChemBannerChallenge. Otherwise it won’t be considered. I’m harsh like that.
5. If chosen, your artwork will be assigned to a month of the year, I’ll then let you know which month and you can send your final image to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I hope that some of you will chose to take up this challenge and produce some fantastic banner artwork to keep the feed looking fresh and exciting each month. The running order so far will be as follows:
December 2014 – @narf42
January 2015 – @theyakman
February 2015 – @azaprins
March-December 2015 – Up for grabs!
-Doctor Galactic & The Lab Coat Cowboy-